What Is Near-Field Communication (NFC)?
NFC (near-field communication) is a short-range wireless technology that enhances the functionality of your smartphone, tablet, wearables, payment cards, and other devices. The pinnacle of connectedness is near-field communication. Whether paying bills, swapping business cards, downloading discounts or sharing a research paper, NFC allows you to communicate information across devices swiftly and efficiently with a single touch.
NFC (near-field communication) is a wireless networking technology that allows NFC-enabled devices to interact with one another over a short distance.
NFC originated in the credit card sector and has now expanded to encompass applications in a wide range of industries throughout the world.
Understanding Near-Field Communication
Near-field communication allows two devices to communicate by transmitting data using electromagnetic radio signals. Because transactions take occur over such a short distance, both devices must have NFC chips. To transfer data, NFC-enabled devices must be physically contacting or within a few millimeters of each other.
Near-field communications (NFCs) considerably decrease the likelihood of human mistakes since the receiving device gets your data as soon as you provide it. You may rest comfortably, for example, that a pocket-dial or strolling by a site with an NFC chip will not allow you to make an unintentional transaction (called a “smart poster”). You must conduct an action consciously while using near-field communication.
In reality, even once NFC technology is widely used, customers may still need to carry a backup payment method because a device’s battery is depleted cannot perform much. However, it has to be seen whether this is a long-term disadvantage of NFC technology.
NFC is used in a variety of industries.
Start your journey
WrapTag App lays on top of the web 3.0 foundation, which differentiates its operation from traditional web apps.
Get KEYRING PRO
To start using the WrapTag app, the user will need to have a ready-to-use wallet as KEYRING PRO. It allows user to sign in decentrally without prior registration.
- Download KEYRING PRO (iOS, Android, APK)
- Open KEYRING PRO
- Choose your language
- ‘Create new account’, or import one
- Choose TomoChain
Sign in to WrapTag App
Once your wallet is ready, you will need to sign in to use WrapTag App.
- On your mobile browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), go to app.wraptag.io
- Tap ‘Connect to wallet’
- Choose KEYRING PRO, Tap ‘Connect’
- On KEYRING PRO, choose your account then tap ‘Connect’
- Switch back to your Browser
- WrapTag home screen will appear
How to scan NFC Tag?
It only takes a few seconds to scan NFC Tag with WrapTag App.
- Tap ‘Start here’
- Scroll down, choose ‘Scan’
- Scan NFC Tag
- Choose your account, then tap ‘Connect’
- Once the NFT Certificate appears, tap ‘View’
- You will be able to view the wrapped item with details.
How to rewrite NFC Tag?
You can always rewrite, or replace your NFC Tag with WrapTag App.
- Tap ‘Start here’
- Scroll down, choose ‘Replace’
- Choose the broken WrapTag
- Tap ‘Transfer’
- Scan the new WrapTag
- Tap ‘Transfer NFT’
- A new NFT Certificate of the new WrapTag will appear.
Where to buy NFC Tags?
You can purchase NFC Tags directly on WrapTag App.
- On the home screen section, tap the ‘Cart’ icon
- Choose types of Wraptag, tap ‘Add to cart
- Tap the ‘Cart’ icon
- Set an amount, Tap ‘Check out’
- On the confirmation screen, tap ‘Confirm’
- Tap ‘Add card’
- Fill in your card info, tap ‘Next’
- A popup will confirm your card, tap ‘Next’
- Tap ‘Next’
- Your order will appear in the purchase history screen.